Saturday, March 1, 2008

Saturday is a special day!

I still remember singing the song "Saturday is a special day" when I was a kid. Okay, I sing it as an adult too!

"Saturday is a special day,
It's the day we get ready for Sunday;
We clean the house and we shop at the store,
so we won't have to work until Monday;
We brush our clothes and we shine our shoes,
And we call it our"get-the-work-done" day;
Then we trim our nails and we shampoo our hair,
so we can be ready for Sunday!"

Music by Chester W Hill
Lyrics by Rita S Robinson


Saturday's are always so busy, trying to get ready for the Sabbath and the upcoming week.

Hubby did tons of laundry and some Spring clean up outside (if Spring ever comes). Meanwhile, I ran errands: gave out the rest of the invites for E's baby shower, meet E at BabysRUs for some supplies, filled up the gas tank (pump shock!) and purchased the quilting/stipling foot for my new Viking Sapphrie 830 (sewing machine). We've had a hard time finding cloth diapers (my eco-friendly daughter!) that are good/thick/useful....I may have to make some-yuck!

I also got a new postcard from Australia-Kookaburra Bird card for my bird card exchange on sawp-bots.com. I mailed out 5 pc's for the "people" card exchange-used up my Minerva Teichert painting cards of pioneer women.

I use to blog alot on a weight lose site for about a year.....didn't lose much weight, but figured out alot of things/situations that had been bothering me with some relationships and situations.

Looking forward to a productive week of sewing/quilting and the upcoming baby shower. I can't believe E is going to be a mommy! My baby is having a baby in just a few weeks! She is sticking out pretty good and I think she is ready to have that baby in her arms and out of her body. I remember those feelings, even if it was a billion years ago.......

No comments: