Sunday, March 23, 2008

I changed my mind

I posted a while back about my scripture quilt with the four seasons background represented by strips of solid fabric. I got the background all done and put it away for a couple days, so I could think about my next move. Well, I've thought about it, and the bakground is ALL wrong...too colorful and distracting!

New plan-an all white on white background of strips of various width quilted with the colors of the seasons. I think this will work so much better with the women appliqued in colorful clothing of their time. It will still show the seasons of a womens life without distracting from the women of my family.

I guess the background that is already made is going towards another art quilt I had been thinking about doing....it might just work. I'll let you know with some photos later.

I visited mommy-to-be today with her Easter basket and Grandma Sugar cookies. She has a doctor appt. tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers (toes, legs, eyes) crossed he sends her right over to the hospital to get this baby boy into the World.

I got to sing in my Ward (Church) choir today. I love singing! For the past couple of years I haven't been able to: (1)always got sick around performance or (2)It was my Sunday to take care of Dad. My brother R switched Sunday's with me (thank you!) a few months ago, so now I can occassionally sing. I switched to alto after my Mom's death 7 years ago, and it has been interesting re-learning songs I have sung all my life. We are singing again next week.

I had a wonderful Easter surprise today. Son M, DIL C and granddaughters K & H showed up unexpectantly. I love my grandbabies! They don't usually just show up, since it is a 5 hour roundtrip drive from their house to ours. I sure miss my kids that live so far away. I hope I got enough hugs and kisses to last me a few weeks. What am I saying....I can never get enough loves from my girls!

No comments: