Sunday, May 6, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitch

It's going to be a beautiful
Sabbath Day. The Sun is
shining AND it is warm!

I will be doing some embroidery
on some quilt blocks or a
pillow case

And....speaking of pillowcases....

I went to an Estate Sale this week



Rooms and rooms of fabric,
yarn, knitting items and
embroidery kits!

I purchased a small box of
needles, marking pencils
and assorted other items.
I won't have to buy 
needles for years!


Oops...can't turn the photo around...

I also bought a few packets of
pillowcase kits...all complete and
never opened. They are from
the 1950-1960's. 

I have many hours of stitching
in my future!

What are you stitching today?

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like you had great fun!

Jenny said...

What a wonderful shopping spree!

Marti said...

I love to find stuff like that at estate sales. Congratutions!

The Cozy Quilter said...

My grandmother used to make those embroidered pillow cases. I have a couple of sets that she made. You found some great treasures at the sale!

Jill said...

What fun to shop rooms of fabric and wintage sewing items. Some of those older needles are American made. Enjoy your new-found vintage treasures.

Rose Prairie Quilts and Farm said...

I haven't done pillowcases in ages, fond memories of my mom doing that.
Sounds like it was a good sale, great way to find stuff you can find in the stores.