Thursday, May 17, 2018

I like #4

I like the Beach and Ocean

I grew up no more than about
3 miles from the Beach
until I went off to College.


When  I was a little girl, my
brother took me to the beach.
We would walk along the sand
and count our steps.
One, Two, Three...
on Four, we would jump.
I still do that when I 
walk on a beach.


I love to sit on the shore and
watch the Sun set. The colors
are amazing, especially after
a storm.


I like to watch the shore birds.
They run out as the waves
recede to eat up the creatures
left by the Ocean, then run
back up the Sand as the
waves come back.


I like the Power of the Ocean!
It is beautiful and inspiring
and can be dangerous,
all at the same time.




3 comments:

LA Paylor said...

I love the ocean... to smell, and hear and see. I loved floating in the gulf of Mexico when I lived in Tampa. I'm going to make sure I liked you up!

PaintedThread said...

I have lots of fond memories of entire summers at the beach on Cape Cod. I had dreams of being an oceanographer (didn't happen). Returning to the Cape always makes me happy.

Shannon said...

Such pretty pictures and thoughts about the ocean! I grew up in the mountains, so that's always where my heart goes, but I love the water, so trips to the ocean and on boats or diving or snorkeling are a real treat. Alas I'm not much for sand though.... Thanks for sharing!