Wednesday, May 23, 2018

I like #5

I like Fuzzy Faces!

I grew up with cats in the
House. My Husband grew 
up with large dogs outside
the House.

We combined out love for
fuzzy faces and have had both
cats and dogs!


This is Minou (Me-new) who lived
with us for 18 years. She was a 
rescue kitty we adopted from our
county shelter. She was sweet,
a wonderful mouser and loved
to cuddle. My blog is named after
her....Minou's Minute.


This is Isabel, who was called
Izzy. She was also a rescue kitty
our daughter snuck into the House.
Literally...she hide her in her 
bedroom thinking we wouldn't
notice the meowing coming
from behind the closed door.
She was a good mouser too
(we have farms all around us)

Not to be outdone in the rescue
department, our son brought
home two dogs! They are
brother-sister from the same
litter (different fathers).


The pup on the right is Corvette
or Vettie. Her brother is on the
left...his name is Mustang or
Stang. 

Mustang was my dog. He was
goofy and protected me whenever
we went for a walk. He was also
scared of thunderstorms (like me)
so we would sit together during
a storm in the kitchen. He would
cry with his head on my leg while
I read a book aloud to him.

Vettie was also a goof who hid
all the toys from her brother and
chewed thru wood and sheetrock
and destroyed my laundry room.

I still miss them both 2 years later.


Last, but not least, is our kitty,
Poppy. Another rescue, who was
dumped at my daughters place a
couple of Winters ago. She was
a feral cat when she came to live
with us, which was a little difficult for
all of us for a few months.
She still hides from everyone, but
 fits in perfect. She plays fetch
with my Husband and cuddles under
the covers with us at night. She
lives up to her nickname, Devil Kitty!









5 comments:

LA Paylor said...

Oh my dog! What a great post! I love fuzzy faces too.
Your concise descriptions were priceless. Devil kitty who now trusts you is so pretty and eating the laundry room... I had a lab, enough said. Crying on your knee as you read to him... so touching. It says so much about your spirit that you relate this way to them. Love.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Oh, what a fun post introducing us to your present and past fur-friends. I would love to have both dogs and cats but cannot due to severe allergies. I have appointed myself God-mother to Zeus who is my nephew's adopted dog with his finance. I love both Stang and Vettie - what characters. Happy Thursday! ~smile~ Roseanne

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Awe so many sweet faces. Your fur babies past and present are awesome.

PaintedThread said...

I like fuzzy faces too! Those guys are cute!

Angie said...

You obviously have a large heart to take on so many rescues over a period of time …. they steal our hearts but also bring their challenges! All of them got a big AWWWW from me!