Thursday, May 3, 2018

I like #2-Music

Music...

From my earliest
childhood memories, there has
always been music in my life

During the Good, the Bad and
the really Awful, I have a 
musical memory.

I was adopted into a musical family.

My Parents and Brothers could all sing
They sang in Church.
They sang in stage productions.
They sang at family functions.

(I can sing pretty well, in a choir
or family group. Solo's...no!)

Some of favorite music memories...

Show respect and pride:
No matter where or when 
the National Anthem is played,
I always put me hand on my heart and sing

(
(my nephew, a police officer)
It shows support and pride for my Country
and all the good that is possible

Sharing my thoughts and feelings:
I have songs that express my 
thoughts in the best way.

When I had Cancer (many years ago)
I planned my entire funeral.
I even picked the music. My
kids know this and have promised
to try and include my songs.

and

I want those left to be comforted
and know my thoughts and feelings.

Be Positive and Happy:
Sometimes, you just need some music 
to make you feel happy...no deep
meaning, but just get up and dance!


I like music!

4 comments:

LA Paylor said...

lovely! I like your post!!
and music. I tend to like jazz, but Brazillian is good to work to, and also zydeco!
I'm adopted too... have you found info yet?

PaintedThread said...

Music is amazing stuff. I never thought of what to play at for a funeral. But it can convey so much.

Angie in SoCal said...

When I had cancer many years ago, I did the same thing - planned my funeral and of course it included Music. My choices were mostly hymns, however Beethoven's 7th, 2nd movement is the processional and Beethoven's 9th 4 movement (Ode to Joy) is the recessional. I like all kinds of music, but Classical is my go to. Thanks for sharing.

Angie said...

Beautiful post - I love all kinds of music, and find that I write better blog posts when I am listening to country music!!!