Thursday, May 31, 2018

I like #6

I like Vintage

Sometimes I feel like I was born in 
the wrong space of time. I love what
most folks label as "Vintage".

I like vintage linens. I buy linens, like
Handkerchiefs, wherever I can find them.


I use them daily and I use them in
my art quilts. I have a huge storage
container of handkerchiefs.

I like Vintage cars.

I started noticing vintage cars
after I married my Husband.
Back in the day, he worked for a
car company as the parts manager.
We went to many, many car shows.

 

(we do not own this car)

We currently own 3 cars, two of which 
are older than me. My Husband is
restoring all three cars.
             


I still use candlesticks,
and dressy gloves
and an non-electric potato masher.
We still list to records!

I like Vintage!

Enjoy other "I like" posts at

8 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Suzanne! I love vintage too - and that car is really COOL! I have records but nothing to play them on. I've never in my life worn fancy lacy gloves like that but wear them often for warmth - leather lined ones. And candlesticks - I don't think I own even one set. ~smile~ Roseanne

LA Paylor said...

I really love vintage. I like stuff up to the 1950's. Love old cars and recently saw a terrific Model A Ford at a restaurant. I'm in heaven in antique stores in old victorian houses.

would you mind putting a wee link to my post today, so people could see all the others also writing I Like posts? I'm so glad you're in our little happy group!!!
LeeAnna

Judy S. said...

Fun post!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Fun to see all those vintage things you love! We still watch Perry Mason at our house, and I love the old cars, the clothing, and the women's hats!

Sandra Walker said...

My husband is a car guy too! I’ve been to many many car shows over the years. Seeing your dressy gloves takes me back to Easter Sundays as a kid and then as a young mum dressing up my girls gloves and all

PaintedThread said...

I love vintage cars. They just had so many neat lines and curves and personality.

Angie said...

Those vintage linens remind me of the tea towels that I am doing at the moment, and a tablecloth that I have that was embroidered by my Mom - a lost art, in my opinion - 'girls' wouldn't think of embroidering a tablecloth or anything else as part of their preparation for marriage!

Michele McLaughlin said...

Great post! I love vintage things too! My husband is drooling over the cars you have! Have a wonderful day!