Thursday, June 12, 2008

Still no photos

Still can not post any photos...I will figure this problem out, even if it kills me...or the computer!

I have still stayed busy while everyone has been gone. Went to monthly quilt meeting on Tuesday. It was our annual luncheon and challenge meeting. Of course, the luncheon was yummy, yummy, yummy. Quilters are always good cooks! The challenge competition wasn't as exciting. Usually, we only have one fabric that everyone uses, but this year was different. S, who is on the program committee with me, brought fat quarters (in a bag) that she had got on clearance from Keepsake Quilting. Everyone reached into the bag and pulled out a different fat quarter. Some of fabric was okay and some was very ugly! Only 3 people (not me) finished, so we had a first, second and third place winner and no one was left out.

I've been working on more bags. I had set the goal to do some major, planned service on the 10th, 20th, and 30th of each month. For the 10th, which was quilt meeting day, I sewed a couple of more bags. I am going to donate them to the women shelter in the city North of us. I don't have a car, so I haven't been able to get the handle material to finish the bags yet. I am going to play on the Internet and get some more ideas for planned service projects for my set days for each month.

Tonight, daughter E is coming to get me to go see the traveling Vietnam exhibit and the presentation of QOV quilts to 40 soldiers. The QOV (Quilts of Valor) director for Utah is in my quilt group, so I've been donating tops to the group for a while. One of my quilts is being presented tonight. I am so proud of these soldiers. For those of you who do not know what QOV is, it is a group, organized by a quilter, who make quilts for wounded soldiers (physically or otherwise). The quilts are usually sent to oversea hospitals or local rehab centers. It's a nice comfortable to our service men and women. I live not to far from a base, so we have many neighbors, friends, church members, and work related people who are members of the military.

In Closing: Maybe you can help me with my service project. Do you have a group or project that touched you heart...share with me, and maybe it can be one of my projects!

No comments: