Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Quick update

V and I have two shirts (one for her/one for best friend) dyed. I used the remaining dye and just randomly poured it over the printed muslin...we shall see what we get tonight! I also made a new fall colors bag for....books....food...whatever.

Hubby and I ran over to Wally World (Wal-Mart) to pick up some things for the Grand Canyon. While there, I wandered over to the fabric section. Found some great buttons, on clearance, that will work as wagon wheels for a history quilt I am planning. I stopped to see if there was a nice summery fabric to make another bag for a swap of summer bags and I discovered....fabric prices are going up. I talked to one of the workers who works at both Wally World and JoAnnes, and she says most of the low to mid priced fabric lines(VIP, Marcus Brothers) are going up about 50 cents to $2 a yard, starting today. ARGH!

Good thing I have about a 5 year supply!!!!

1 comment:

JUST A MOM said...

OUCH!!!!! that is alot be happy yoru wally world HAS fabric ours is fasing it out. and the new built stores do nto have it at all!!!! hey drive donw here oh wait naa it is too far never mind enjoy the big hole up there.