Saturday, June 21, 2008

Goodies in the mail

I've gotten some goodies in the mail the last few weeks, and seem to be able to finally post a good photo. The bag in the photo below is from the Summer Beach Bag swap at Swap-bot.com. Isn't it wonderful! The girl who sewed it did it from memory without a pattern. It was filled with surprises like, beach toys, nail files, and a thermos for a cold drink. The beautiful fabric card on top of the bag is a thank you from Summerset over at Pins and Needles.com. I sent her a vintage clothing pattern I had from a estate sale that I knew I could never figure out(no instructions in the envelope), but I figured she could. If you've never been over to her blog, go check it out...she is an amazing seamstress. This little fabric card (wish the photo was better) is in yellow, purple and white (colors of my front flowerbeds) and is beaded daisy flowers that are just perfect.

Thanks again ladies....I love getting mail!

In closing:Yesterday was one of my service days for the month, so I sewed some more bags for the shelter. I originally planned to go to the Family History Center in Salt Lake and teach for today, but health issues and the gas prices changed those plans.

Since the gas prices around the World are rising, have you changed your plans, habits, or goals because of the travel and/or expense? Share.....


1 comment:

Kris said...

Hi Suzanne!
Yes, fuel is expensive here in Australia. We pay about $1.70 per litre, which is about $6.50 per USgallon. It seems as though fuel increases in price each week. There are more people using public transport, but I think in general it hasn't affected what people do. People here in Australia love their cars.