Sunday, April 8, 2018

Slow Stitch Sunday


 I enjoy
going thrifting, but have
not been doing it lately,
since we have been
cleaning out our Home. 
I did not want to add
to the piles.

Husband and I went this
last Saturday and I found
a few goodies.

First, I found a copy of
the pattern my Mom used
to make my Prom dress,
back in the day. I still have
my original pattern and dress.

 I also found some sweet 
little girl patterns. With 
7 granddaughters from 
toddler to teen, I can always
use a new fun pattern to sew.

I am signed up for the
Kids Clothes Week Challenge.
It has be a couple of years 
since I did the challenge.
It runs the last week of
April for Spring-Summer sewing.

We have had many days of
rain, so I have spent some time
inside knitting. This is the beginning
of my first sweater. 



The pattern is called Mallard.
I am knitting it up in a color 
called Tidal....blues, greens
and a grayish brown.. I am
a slow knitter, so hopefully it
will be done by Winter time!

I am down to hand sewing my
last 20 squares on my
Trip Around the World top.


I am SO close to finishing....

What are you sewing today?



4 comments:

Tu-Na Quilts said...

I love going to thrift stores, too, especially on 50% off day. One never knows what treasure will be found. That's evident by your purchases. Have fun sewing lots of little dresses and other things.

Marti said...

Those are some great patterns. I like the old ones so much better than the newer ones.

LA Paylor said...

Ahhhh we're the same age. I know that prom dress... LeeAnna

Miaismine said...

Your sweater is coming along beautifully! And that quilt? Wow! Congratulation on such fabulous progress!