Monday, April 23, 2018

Design Wall and Kid Clothes Week

I am combining my Monday
Design Wall with my Spring
Kid Clothes Week project.

I have not been part of the
for a few years. This years
theme is "Fresh".

My take on the theme is
revising the old patterns I 
used for my daughters and
giving them a new look for
the granddaughters.

I have 7 granddaughter, so I
have the option of lots of
sewing and creating....


This is a photo of a dress I made
for my granddaughter M for the
KCW project 6 years ago. I
would like to take the pattern
and make something new
for her little sister C.

I have an overflow of patterns
to choose from.
 My goal is
to sew each pattern, then 
donate the pattern on to 
someone new. Cleaning out!

My Design Wall Monday is my BOM
star blocks. I have already sewn
my April block, but I need to
re-sew a couple of earlier blocks.
I changed the background fabric
after the first 2 blocks, so they
need to be re-done.


What are you creating?

2 comments:

Marti said...

I love that star block! Are you doing a different block every month?

I remember that baby outfit pattern. I wish I hadn't gotten rid of all my patterns when the kids got older, though I guess I will never have a use for girl patterns again.

Judy Hansen said...

Thanks for linking up with Design Wall Monday. The star block is beautiful. Your goal of making things for granddaughters is a good one. The dress pattern with the cross-over back is one I made for my little girl years ago. An "oldie, but goodie" pattern.

Judy