Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I still have a back-to-school tradition

My last post, I was a little sad about not having my first day of school breakfast tradition anymore. Well, we also have another tradition, which Hubby and I did do...we always go out on a nice long date the weekend before he starts back to school

This year, we went to Thanksgiving Point in Lehi (Utah). Thanksgiving Point is a fun place to go.....there is a dinosaur museum, play house, animal petting zoo, shops, restaurants, golf course, and lots of gardens. He went to a car show, while I went to a quilt show. I know, not a very personal, close date, but we still had fun. I hiked through the multiple gardens and viewed all types of quilts. I especially enjoyed the display of quilts by Jodi Warner. She's a local quilter who does amazing quilts. I got to visit with her for a couple of minutes. She's a really nice lady! I took lots of photos, but, of course, I can't get them to post. My favorite garden was the Secret Garden. You walked through a vine tunnel to a wooden door and entered this sweet little walled garden. The quilts in there were nice, but I liked the garden better. I enjoyed the show, though did not like the walking....I figure about 5-7 miles total. We had planned to stop at IKEA (neither of us have been there)but we were both tired. We stopped by daughter V's work and picked up some school stuff for Hubby, plus we went and got dinner. Not really romantic, but after 26 years, just being together without kids for a few hours is really nice too.

In Closing:What was your most fun date(s).....something beyond the movie and dinner thing? Share, please.......

3 comments:

Kris said...

It's interesting to contemplate the "date" question. My husband and I will celebrate our 26th anniversary this year. Sometimes our "hot date" is a visit to the supermarket to do the weekly shop. Despite the ordinary sound of this date, for us all time spent time together is exciting! I think my favourite date is the one we started December 15 1982, which continues on today (and every day!) and has the potential to be a forever proposition!

Gina said...

My favourite has to be when we went for a walk along the beach at night in January. It was so cold I had thermal underwear on under my jeans. Surprisingly we were the only ones there. Why we decided to go is still a mystery but I remember it as if it was yesterday.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Peggy said...

Yes, Sue, I love the Secret Garden as well! And the walk with all the quilts on display would have made all the gardens more wonderous. Glad you stopped in but would've loved to have been with you instead. Next year?
As for a favorite date with Mark, walking anywhere at sunset: the beach, the Gardens, the AF cemetery!e