Monday, June 25, 2018

June OMG project on the wall

I had planned to get MANY building
sections done from this pattern for
my June One Month Goal.


Well...that was the plan....

Then life happened!

I did get some hand applique done


The trees all have trunks
around the lake and gazebo.


I also got the house basics
finished. Not shown:
three trees, the walkway,
some rocks and another bush.

The original pattern is all pieced.
I tried a couple of blocks and did not
like how they were looking,
so I redrafted everything
for applique.

You can arrange the buildings
a little different from the pattern,
which is fun. 


I am following a Winter theme
village with snow like fabric
and dark starry sky fabric.

I knew it wouldn't be finished,
but I had hoped to get more done this 
month beyond the 3 plus blocks.

Linking up to 







5 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

Any progress is good.

Patty said...

What a fun quilt pattern! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal.

Miaismine said...

Your's is the second house quilt I've seen today that has been customized and I love them both! Thank you so much for sharing your inspiring ideas!

Judy S. said...

The best laid plans, eh? I'm not nearly done with my June projects, and it's almost July. Sigh.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Suzanne,
What a cute pattern! I love what you've shown, and cannot wait to see how this all comes together. This is the kind of thing I like to do around the small train set that I put up for the holidays. How fun!
Happy Thursday! ~smile~ Roseanne