Thursday, July 12, 2018

I like....

New adventures and experiences.

My Husband and I just returned home from
two weeks of traveling through multiple
states in the USA. It was fun and exciting and
stressful and quite the adventure.

When we travel, I always try to go to a
new restaurant or museum or road I have
never traveled on.

This trip, some of my favorite new adventures:


Food:

Blue Moon Cafe in Fell's Point (Baltimore), Maryland



We both had the famous
Captain Crunch French toast.


SO Yummy!


Dairy Winkle in Campbells Creek, West Virginia



This is a fast food place owned by my Brother-in-law.
My West Virginia Husband was in seventh heaven
to have a fried bologna sandwich. The food was good
and it was nice to visit with friends of my Husbands
family. We sat and visited for hours.


Attractions:

National Aquarium in Baltimore, Maryland



I love the Ocean and sea creatures and this is
one of the nicest Aquariums we have visited.
The first Friday, after 5pm, is half price admission,
which was a nice surprise. 



They have two buildings connected by a bridge 
over the canal. They have different exhibits
on each floor, plus large viewing tanks and
a petting area. 



I touched a stingray, horseshoe crab and jellyfish.








I have been to the Air Museum before, but it
has been many years and the current location
is twice the size with wonderful exhibits.


My Dad was a plan e designer and one of his
planes (Mom called it his "Baby)
is on permanent display in the fourth building.




It is the XB-70. I got a little emotional seeing
the plane again. I miss my Dad and it was a
proud moment  seeing his work.



If you are in the area, the museum is a free
place to visit. They have a nice park to
relax in and have lunch.


           
We had a wonderful vacation....saw lots
of family and friends...



and attended my nephews wedding

Congratulations Kids!             


Linking up at Not Afraid of Color






3 comments:

LA Paylor said...

is that your dad??? so HANDSOME
I wish we'd still been there to welcome you to Baltimore and have dinner with you. Oh how I miss Little Italy, Fells Point and the Harbor. And the contra dances there.

That was a fun post Suzanne!
Leeanna

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Suzanne,
How fabulous to see your dad's airplane on display! I would have gotten choked up too. That is just amazing, and I would love to visit that sometime when I'm in the area. I've never heard of Captain Crunch french toast - sounds interesting!! Sounds like you had a very fun trip. The wedding looks beautiful. Happy Thursday! ~smile~ Roseanne

PaintedThread said...

Looks like an enjoyable trip. Some great museums! Looks like a beautiful wedding, too. :-)