Thursday, June 14, 2018

I like Art Museum

I like Art Museum.

As a small child, my family traveled
through various countries of Europe.
I remember many hours stuck in a
small car traveling. I remember trying
strange foods. I most fondly remember
going to Art Galleries and Museum.

This week, while the Husband was at
a conference, I revisited the Art
Museum on the BYU Campus (Utah)

I like this permanent piece made from
colored wire that reflects color
from the skylight above it

As you walk around it, the
colors change with the viewers angle

I saw a great exhibit presented in
black and white photos concerning
the changing Tribes of the World,
by Dana Gluckstein


The beauty, and sometimes sadness.
was definitely captured by the
photographer.

There was also an exhibit by


Nina Katchadourian called "Curiouser"

She is a new artist to me and I like her work.
The above image is one of a series of photos
she took in an airplane bathroom
while on a 14 hour flight across the World.

She only used a paper towel for a
headdress, a paper toilet seat for
collar and a blanket for a backdrop.
She called it Flemish portraits.
Her exhibit was fun and silly and
a little on the crazy side. 

I purchased cards with this image

for my family for their annual
Nativity gift for Christmas 2018.


Other Museums I like that we are
able to attend here in the Mountain
West are the 


They currently have the annual International
Quilt show on display.
The photo above is a quilt by
Barbara Barrick McKie of the USA

We also like to travel to the 
located in Idaho Falls.
They currently have an exhibit on
Steampunk that I would like to go view.


In the past, we have seen The Bodies
and the Pirates exhibit there...very well done.

Jump over to Not Afraid of Color to
see some more "I like" post.

4 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

What a great post. You were lucky to get to travel so much as a child. I love museums and haven't been for a long time. I love the bathroom picture!

LA Paylor said...

I'd like to go to those exhibits with you, to discuss them as we went. I love a museum. It's been a long time since I lived in SLC. LeeAnna

Angie said...

I share your love of museums - I always learn something new. Even if I do not like the art that is on display, it helps to expand horizons and appreciate what other people are thinking and doing in the world!

Miaismine said...

You photos are so amazing! I like museums as well! I had to look more than once at Nina Katchadourian's photos to catch all the nuances you mentioned! Thank you so much for sharing!