Wednesday, June 20, 2018

I like #9

I like Summer!

No...I love Summer!

I like the warm-hot weather.

I like Camping.
Now that I am getting older, I
especially like camping in a Cabin

(Pelican Cabin at Henrys Lake, Idaho)


I like cooking out on an open fire
The food always taste better. 
I like S'mores


I like being near and/or in water in the Summer


I grew up by the Pacific Ocean, 

but now
I live in the Mountain West very close
to the Great Salt Lake.

I like Fireworks.

Locally, we can set off fireworks twice
during the Summer. Once for 
4th of July Independence Day and the
other time for Utah State Pioneer Day.
Both times are in July, so we get to
view exploding colors many times.
Our local cities and towns also have
their celebrations, so more fireworks!

I think I like Summer best because of my Husband.
He is a teacher, so during the Summer,
for about 8 weeks, I have him around
the house on a daily basis!



Check out more Thursday "I like" posts 



5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love summer, too - especially fireworks on the 4th of July! I'm a retired teacher, so I know so well how your husband is feeling. Happy Summer!

PaintedThread said...

What a cute cottage!

Michele McLaughlin said...

I miss all the camping I did when I was younger but I really miss the food on a campfire and s'mores!! Your cabin is lovely! Thank you for sharing! Happy Summer!

Judy D in WA said...

I love camping but I've never tent camped or slept on the ground and I never will. I loved our camper, trailers and now the motorhome. I'm spoiled and I like that. ;)
S'mores are a camping requirement.

LA Paylor said...

hooray for summer and your pictures! I am not a camping person but that looks like real fun to me!