Thursday, September 6, 2018

I like

This week, I like

...finishing some house remodeling.


We have lived in this house for years
and never had a blind at the Kitchen window.
No more Summer heat...
No more being careful that the 
neighbors may see me in my PJ;s.

Next up...

Blinds for two bedrooms and


a glass front storm door.


I like winning a drawing or contest.


I won a drawing from Jacquelynne Steves
and Kathys Quilts blogs during their
Save the Bee's blog hop.

I have already gone thru the book twice!
So many fun blocks!


I like items with a history.
Part of remodeling and updating the house
is cleaning out years of items we have collected.


Some of the items we are keeping...

my Grandmothers side table and a
copy of my Great Grandmothers 
embroidery work.


My Husband is a wood worker, so we have
many handmade items in our home. This
bowl was made from various types of
wood. It sits on a wood tray he also made for me.


A paper wreath my Mom made back in the 1960's.
I inherited it when she passed on many years ago.
It hangs on the door to my studio,

For more I like posts, go on over to








8 comments:

LA Paylor said...

there are some tasks that always take a back burner..., congrats on making progress, and gaining privacy. I want a glass storm door but DH said they are is danger of shattering in the heat and sun here, not to mention hail. I think I'd like to take the risk. I'll point out some neighbors who have one.

pretty momento's to keep

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Suzanne! What a talent your husband has. I have a nice wooden bowl similar to the one you shared. Now that I think about it, I wonder where it is. I can't imagine not having a storm door - that is as common here as a front yard. ~smile~ Roseanne

PaintedThread said...

I love that wreath. Congrats on the win! And yay for blinds. lol

Angie in SoCal said...

Congrats on your win! Love that table, the bowl and the wreath. Lots of lovely likes.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's always nice to get things done around the house that have been needed for awhile! We definitely have things like that around here. Your husband's wooden bowl is beautiful! And congratulations on winning the book!

Judy D in WA said...

So many fabulous likes! The turned bowls!!! OMGosh, that scrap wood one is gorgeous. I'm showing this to my son in law as a super big hint. ;) Home improvement projects, no matter how small, are always great when finished. I know I felt great yesterday just by finally hanging new bedroom curtains!

Connie said...

Congratulations on the win! Also on getting those blinds up. I have an image of you forever ducking down below the sink as you pass by so the neighbours don't see you in your PJs! :)

Shannon said...

That wooden bowl is gorgeous; your husband is wonderfully skilled. And congrats on the blinds. It always seems like an annoying thing to spend money on, but every time I get a set for some window I'm really glad I have them!