Thursday, September 13, 2018

I like....

the Positive and Good in the World!

It is easy to get swept into the Worlds
negative and unhappy attitude.
Just watching the TV News
(which I gave up watching about 7 years ago)
can be so depressing and sad.

My "I like" post today is about
Positive acts of Kindness by Others.

1. I like "Be the Good" group on Facebook.



This group was started by a lady in Utah
People can post when they see someone
helping out another. It doesn't have to be a
big production or organization....just
small acts of kindness. The group has car
stickers and t-shirts with the Logo "Be the Good"
Group members can also alert others in the
area of a need.
The group is spreading across the USA.


2. I like the Just Serve website

This is a website operated by the
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
(some people refer to them as Mormons)
You do not have to be a member of the
Church to use the website. It is a gathering
of groups who need help in a specific area.
You put in your zip code and Service
opportunities come up. Sometimes it
is a one time date...others are on-going
needs of help.
The groups range from local, government,
religious,Scouts and others just trying
to make a positive difference in the neighborhood.



2. Sharing your talents with others.
Everyone has some kind of talent.
Maybe it is sewing or knitting.
Maybe it is being a good listener.
Maybe you are a great cook or baker.
Whatever your talent, you can
share it in a positive way.
The Sisters at 
(a knitting podcast I discovered on YouTube)
have started a group called Be my Neighbor.
Fashioned after TV Mr Rogers


They are encouraging other Knitters
and Crocheters to make a sweater
(or other item) for someone else.



4. The "I Like" posts at
I love reading the positive and
happy posts by all the bloggers
across the World each Thursday.
It's a great way to begin a day.

A few years ago, I added a daily
goal to my planner-journal to do an
act of kindness each day.
I haven't always completed that
goal, but I keep trying...
Sometimes it's a loaf of fresh baked
bread to someone in need.
Sometimes it is passing on items
I don't use to others who need it.

I like doing Service!



5 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Suzanne! I love the idea of adding a daily goal to do an act of kindness each day. I'm going to adopt that, if you don't mind. The world can use more kindness and we can spread it one person at a time. Thank you for the idea! ~smile~ Roseanne

LA Paylor said...

oh, how wonderful! I just loved this. It gives us a way to spread the joy, and if enough of us hold hands across America then we'll make it. I so appreciate you, and the last Like on the list is to all of us!

The day we talked on the phone, was a gift to me... check! another kindness!

LA Paylor said...

If I got it wrong and we haven't talked, I apologize for the mix up but I'd love to chat with you sometime LeeAnna

PaintedThread said...

Good stuff. I like the idea of daily journal for acts of kindness. I am lucky to have good fortune - I try to share it where I can.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Thanks for giving us all those links to check out! I used to emphasize kindness with my 5th grade students - the quote you shared is one of my favorites!