Monday, September 17, 2018

Design Wall Monday

I have not done a Design Wall post for months!

I am attempting to organize my creating time
and hope that posting my intentions will
move me towards more finished projects


Project One
I am doing a second year of BOM at my
local quilt shop K and H Quilt Shoppe
(The are going through some changes in
ownership, so the website is not up-to-date)

This year, the blocks are named after States

August was Rocky Road to California

They provide the main fabric and pattern
and you provide the background...I choose Gray.

September is Arizona



Project Two
I need to complete the Star BOM (from
the same shop) from last year.
I started to put the top together, but
miscalculated the fabric needed to do it.


I purchased a new fabric for the
setting squares. I need to 
un-sew...cut new squares...sew
the top...deliver it to my quilter.

This quilt is going to be donated
to a fund raiser in November, along with
a tree, for a auction for the local
Women and family shelter.

Project Three


I was given these three books by a 
knitter friend (who's sister is a quilter)
I need to give them a good look over
and decide if I am keeping or passing
them onto someone else.


Project Four
This Thursday-Friday is turn in day
for a textile exhibit at a local 
Art Gallery. I have known about this
show for over a year, and yet, here
I am, at the last minute...


I had planned to do two art quilt pieces.
Then I changed to one piece.
Then, I have been hesitating about
even entering anything.

This piece is not coming together at all.
I am not feeling great about entering
anything, yet I feel an obligation to.
Have you ever had this happen to you?

The piece is going to be wrapped on a 
9 X 24 inch canvas (galleries preferred 
method of display)

I guess I'll see what happens in the 
next two days....


I am linking over to 
with other Design Wall Monday posts.









2 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

It must be organizing time, I'm doing the same thing! Love all your projects.

AnnieO said...

Organizing time is not as easy as doing the sock drawer, lol

Pretty blocks you're working on.