Monday, May 26, 2008

In closing



I forgot to add my closing thoughts for Monday, May 26th post...Bed and Breakfast...I love to stay at them. Years ago I did alot of sewing for one....quilts, pillow, curtains.
My favorite room:Pioneer Room (top photo) at the Providence Inn in Providence, Utah. The room is in the top of a building that has been a church, a home and a community center over the last 130 years. I like the exposed wooden beams and the fireplace. The bathroom was great with a huge soaker tub and dual sprayer shower. The potty room had framed pictures of quilts! The staff was very friendly too.
My favorite breakfast:It was the huge buffet (bottom photo) at the Armstrong Manor located in Salt Lake City, Utah. The food was all homemade and yummy...quiche with different salsas, fruit, homemade breads and jams, numerous drinks (juices, teas, water, milk), yogurt, and many other yummy foods. It was too bad my hubby had to be to a conference very early in the morning!
So, do you do B n' B's.....where (and why) is your favorite?

1 comment:

Vivian Love said...

Suzanne, We are going to stay at the Olympic Village at UofU. We plan on visiting BYU, Temple Square, Welfare Square, etc. I am going as the "historian." My husband is the member of our Stake presidency who's in charge of the whole thing. It should be lots of fun. We go up to Utah with our youth every 4 years.

In Aug. I'll be going up to Utah to spend a week doing genealogy at the FH Library with my friends. And then I'm spending a weekend with my daughter in Tremonton. Any good quilt shops you can recommend in SLC or north of it? Take care, Vivian

BTW: Cute Bed & Breakfast!