Thursday, March 21, 2019

I Like 2019-#9

I like...

I like a challenge!

My quilt guild is hosting a 
B.U.M. Challenge
(butt ugly material)

Each quilter gets a fat quarter of the
same material and makes a quilt
related item over the next 3 months.

It's bright.
It's orangey.
It's kind of ugly.

I have a couple of ideas
how to use it.


I like learning

I have posted before about taking
classes online.
My current class is about Women's
Suffrage in the United Kingdom.

I did not realize all that went into
getting the vote for women.

I learned that there was a group of
artist who donated their time and talent into
making banners and posters to help the cause.
I think I would have been part of
their group. 

Here is a video about one of the leaders.
A statue of her, the first of a woman,
was dedicated this past year,


I like Spring

I am not a big fan of Winter, so
I happily welcome Spring this week.


Today, it is raining in the Valley and
snowing in the Mountains, but
that is just how Spring is here in Utah.


I like our cat
(most of the time)

She is a rescue and even after
3.5 years at our house, she still has her issues.


She is not warm and cuddly, but we still like her.

For more great "I Like" posts, jump over to



9 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Suzanne! Ooh, your cat looks like she's giving you the do-not-think-of-disturbing-me look. And that challenge fabric looks like it can be taken in many different directions. I can't wait to see what you come up with, and hopefully you can share what others did with the same fabric. That sounds like a wonderfully fun challenge. ~smile~ Roseanne

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your guild challenge looks like fun! I think I'd enjoy being part of a group who did things like that. Your online classes sound interesting - I'm very thankful for those women you're learning about! Love the photo of your cat, too!

Michele McLaughlin said...

Suzanne,that fabric looks like it's plastic with orange splashes! I can't imagine what you are going to do with it but I love that idea of a challenge!!! I think you could have a blast!!! Yeh for Spring yeh for your kitty :D Have a great week!

LA Paylor said...

LOL at the cat comment... most of the time... yes, I get it. I talked to a guy last night who just got a puppy, and he already looked tired. Scars from Milo's baby teeth have scarcely healed...
as to the challenge fabric... I like it! The metallic is shiny and I am one of the few who responds well to bits of orange. Orange makes a quilt sparkle...even variations or small amounts. And you know what they say, if you don't like a fabric you haven't cut it small enough yet.
I see a rusty pitcher, or bell, or gate hinges. Send me the scraps! LeeAnna

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Where would we be without our cats? lol Those blue fat quarters are lovely.

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

What a unique challenge! Can't wait to see what you do with that fabric.

PaintedThread said...

Boynton. I love her stuff. Happy spring! BUM challenge... very interesting.

Jean said...

I'm a week behind but still wanted to wish you a Happy Spring! Can't wait to see what you do with that fabric.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Suzanne, lovely likes. I like that Grandparents Day idea in your last post too btw. You have a very interesting piece of fabric there. Halloweeny, maybe.
Our Rex is so loyal but doesn't know how to play or tolerate pats having been crate raised for a guard dog. But like your kitty, we love him to pieces.