Thursday, March 7, 2019

I like 2019-#7

My I Like post is very simple this week.

I Like my family!

I am blessed to have a great Husband,
terrific adult children and in-;laws
and especially the best grandchildren.

This past week was my Husband and my
birthday week. We tend to be low key
about celebrating. This year was going to 
be an especially quiet celebration, because
I had surgery on my arm

Our kids had a different idea...


The kids surprised us
with pizza, cake and, most importantly,
every family member!

Sisters with kids

Twin cousins (born weeks apart)

Youngest grandchild expressing her two year old self
(translation: tantrum)

Aunt teaching the youngest the piano

All the grandkids at the same time!
Ages 2-14 years old

We were given this beautiful clock made by
our oldest granddaughter


She is our 5th generation woodworker!

To enjoy some more "I like" posts, go over to

8 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Suzanne! What a fabulous post! Time with family - is there anything better or more priceless?!! I love each and every photo. Your granddaughter is very talented. I hope she continues to build her woodworking skills. I think she has a bright future in it. Happy Birthday belatedly to both of you. I'm glad your kids had other ideas. Happy Thursday to you! ~smile~ Roseanne

Judy D in WA said...

Happy Birthday! You had the perfect celebration. Your granddaughter did amazing work with that clock. Such a treasure!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like it was a sweet surprise with everyone there!

Shannon said...

How fabulous that you got to celebrate with all your family!!!!!! Just wonderful!

PaintedThread said...

That clock looks great. Very cool! What a fun family celebration.

Scrapatches said...

Happy Birthday to you and your spouse! What a wonderful birthday celebration with your family. The clock is beautiful. Thank you for sharing I Like Thursday with me ... :) Pat

Michele McLaughlin said...

Happy Birthday to you and your hubs! What a wonderful celebration! You are indeed blessed (cracked up at the 2 year old's photo and comments)...Have a great week and get well!

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Oh my-what a beautiful clock!! Congrats on birthdays and family being together. Hope you heal quickly. mary