Thursday, March 14, 2019

I Like 2019-#8

I Like...

I like Grandparents Day

I was invited to my Granddaughters
Kindergarten Grandparents day.



The children sang songs...we had cookies
and milk...toured the school...played games.
The children also had a list of questions
to ask their grandparent. I had to explain
what the game of Monopoly was to her.


I like the Generosity of Friends

I have some of the best friends in the World
and they are so generous!

The last few months, I have 3 friends
who brought me boxes and boxes
(and boxes) of fabric they wanted to share.



We had a Free Fabric day at my 
monthly quilt guild this last week.



All the ladies went home with armloads
and boxes of fabric. There will be lots
of sewing going on....

I like Spring

I am not a fan of Winter...

I like that we are beginning to see Spring



I like the fuzzy face family members

Unfortunately, this week, my daughters
family found out their sweet dog has
a heart problem that cannot be fixed.

I had to take him to the vet for tests.
They are going to enjoy what time they have
with him. He is truly a family member.

I like camping and hiking

With the changes in the weather, I
am ready to start camping.

One of our favorite places to go is
Yellowstone National park

Yellowstone celebrated their 147th
anniversary this month. It was the
first National park in the USA.

We prefer to camp there in the Fall, when
there is not so many people.


For more "I Like" posts,
go on over to Not Afraid of Color









10 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Grandparents Day looks and sounds like so much fun! When I was teaching, we had a day like that each year and it was a very popular event. Hooray for free fabric! I love Yellowstone, too! We've been there twice over the years, and I would love to go back again soon. Such an amazing place!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Suzanne! Oh, Grandparent's Day is so special and fabulous. It sounds like they went all out for you with the milk and cookies and a tour! I'm so glad you got to enjoy that. I have never visited Yellowstone Park but I sure would like to. Fall sounds like a wonderful season to visit when it isn't quite as busy. It won't be long and those days will be upon us. ~smile~ Roseanne

Judy D in WA said...

What a special day to spend with your granddaughter. So sorry about your granddog. Camping. Yes please, I am ready to go. Soon.

PaintedThread said...

Look at all that fabric! Wow! Ah, I am looking forward to spring, too. DST helps - I like it being light after work. :-)

Angie said...

Suzanne - the picture under "Spring" - gorgeous! What is it?

So sorry to hear about the heart problems with the pup … it's so hard to let go of our dear furbabies.

I heard today that the first grizzly has come out of hibernation in Yellowstone … a sure sign that Spring is on the way!

Suzanne said...

Angie...it is called a Fiddlehead Fern.

LA Paylor said...

how great the National parks are reopened... I took them for granted til this administration came along. Love grandparent's day, cookies and questions. I wish I'd asked a lot more questions of my grands.

Jean said...

I've always wanted to go to Yellowstone. Some day, I hope. There was a documentary about it on PBS not long ago, showed it through each season set to classical music. Fall was beautiful. How fun to go to grandparents' day with your granddaughter, I bet she loved having you there. Have a wonderful rest of your weekend!

Michele McLaughlin said...

I love your posts this week! That fabric day sounds great! That is wonderful photo of Yellowstone! Have a great week!

Shannon said...

What a great list! Hiking and fabric and spring and sewing and pups!! I hope your daughter gets as much time as possible with her pup- so sad that he has an incurable problem. Give him a big hug!