Thursday, December 6, 2018

I like...

So...the last two weeks I have
spotty to no internet. I posted a
"I like" post last week, but, no
photos showed and I was not
able to comment on anyone
else blog post.

Let's see how we do this week....

I like decorating for Christmas

Each year I decorate the house a
little less, but I still have certain
items I like to put out for the
month of December.


I always put out multiple Nativity scenes.

The tree is decorated in one of two themes....
either nativity ornaments or ocean-beach
themed ornaments.



This year is beach themed ornaments.


I like hand stitching

I have been doing hours and hours
of hand stitching the last month.
Bindings on quilts (Christmas gifts)
Making a new felt Nativity.





Mindless, but calming, random
needlepoint stitching.


I like finishing a goal or two

2018 has been a crazy year for
 my family. Too many
unexpected adventures to name.
I have felt a little like I was not
getting anything accomplished.

Looking back to goals set in
January, I have made some
progress.

I finished some quilts...



I read-studied the New Testament....

I read a few books by new authors...

I cleaned out quite a bit of clutter....

I donated a number of quilts...
 



I like a new fresh start.

I am ready to take on some new
challenges in life for 2019.

I am going to be the President of
my local quilt guild. I did the job
about 10 years ago, but each
time it is different. Our guild blog is
Any suggestions of activities you
like to do in your guild would be
very much appreciated.
(post your ideas in the comment section)

I am going to plan new adventures
and experiences for myself and
Husband. For me....I am going to
the Road to California quilt
conference in January
(anyone else going?)


So....this is kind of a long "I like" post.
Sorry....I had lots to share after a few
weeks of no blogging.

Go on over to
for more great "I like" posts

8 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Suzanne! I'm sorry about having spotty internet service. I depend on ours working as well, so when it isn't it's a hardship. Of course, that forces me to sew or read instead so that's not a bad thing! I wish you many successes in 2019. Being the guild President sounds like a wonderful job, but I have no suggestions for you. We haven't had a guild near me for ages and ages. Happy Happy Thursday to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Sounds like you accomplished a lot in 2018. Decluttering, I think, is the hardest to do. I've been distracting myself all day from a decluttering task. Congrats on being the new leader of your group!

LA Paylor said...

and yet not long enough...I would keep reading these kind of lists!
I enjoyed a mystery 9 month long block of the month project at guild. The organizer would tell us the block/blocks each month and we'd choose our color scheme and make them. For instance one month might be 4 pinwheel blocks size XYZ another month was a Christmas tree, bigger. She had planned out the layout and gave that to us the last month, then we all brought them to the last meeting. Fun. I LOVE handwork too. slow, quiet, satisfying.

PaintedThread said...

Love your felt nativity. Your quilts are pretty, too! Congrats on being president of your guild.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh, that felt Nativity you're working on looks wonderful! I love seeing all the different Nativities that people have. This always seems like a good time of year for introspection and thinking about what you want to accomplish in the new year - I enjoy that process, too.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh I hate when my internet service at home is spotty. My electricity was too they are replacing lots of lines around here. Beautiful nativity set.

Michele McLaughlin said...

Glad you have some internet now. Dear that is troubling when it happens isn't it? I love your hand made projects--your nativity set is wonderful! I love my guild. Congrats on being elected President!!! My favorite thing is game night (always scheduled for winter months) and the challenge quilt we make each year. Some years the challenge is just a certain pattern to use. One year we each pulled paint samples out of basket and had to use those colors in a quilt. This year is the best challenge (I'll be posting about that soon). We had to use a panel in a quilt very few rules on this one but who doesn't have a panel in their stash?

Jean said...

Spotty internet is very frustrating. Enjoyed reading your posts. I like to put out a small collection of Nativity scenes as well. Reading this reminds me I need to go find them. Hope you have a wonderful rest of your weekend.