Thursday, December 20, 2018

I like...

I like  creating.....

I am finishing up my kids-grandkids
Christmas presents. I still have a 
quilt to bind, gift certificate to buy
and stocking stuffers to purchase 
for my Husband.

 
All the grandkids are getting handmade
quilts for Christmas. I am now caught
up...except for Grandbaby 2019...
he/she will get a quilt next Christmas.


I like Holiday music

I like to listen to the choir, choral
and Holiday related music while
I sew or am out and about during
the Holidays.

(Local High School Madrigals at
my Husbands Staff dinner)

I want to share a new song 
I discovered this year on YouTube


I like to improve my life

I tend to set goals more in 
September....something about
the new school year (being
married to a Teacher).

This year, I am really feeling a
need to make some changes in
my life with the coming new Year.

I set my goals in groups of three...
I don't know why...I just do....

Knitting:
1.Knit the other sock, so I have a pair
2.Clean out (knit or give away) 5 
shoe boxes of stored yarn.
3.Finish my two current knit projects
I have already begun, before starting
any other projects.

Needle and Thread:
1.Finish Pine tree quilt for Husbands
2019 birthday gift


2.Begin hand quilting Trip Around the
World quilt top.


3.Finish Vintage Block quilt for me.



I have many other areas of goals, but
you would be pretty bored reading
the ongoing list, believe me.....

I love all the positive and 
uplifting posts that are part of
the "I like" group at 
Click on the site and enjoy the love!





8 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Suzanne! That is cool that you make your goals in groups on threes. I usually make them so they end in a even number or in groups of 10. If I make it to 8 goals then I have to come up with 2 more so there are 10. I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas! Happy Happy Thursday to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

LA Paylor said...

granny left me a trip around the world top. I'll be interested in how you hand quilt yours. I like your goals list... achievable and fun both.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a cute cartoon at the top of your post! My kind of housework, too, lol! I love Christmas music, too, and I love to sing along. I'm sure there are people who laugh at me singing along even in stores and restaurants! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I read your goals with interest as I have some I'm carrying around in my head. I wonder would it help if I wrote them down. I too have a yarn stash and feel a certain amount of guilt that I'm letting it rest there for year 2 now. I think your goals are doable for 2019 and I really should get out my wool and start that Attic 24 afghan. Enjoy the Countdown!

PaintedThread said...

Lucky grandkids to all get quilts. And quite the list of things to do! They look like fun projects.

Judy D in WA said...

I love having a goal list. Helps me stay on track. Your grands will treasure their quilts.
Merry Christmas Suzanne

Michele McLaughlin said...

Love the song and hadnt' heard of it at all. I'm not sure about my goal list as far as sewing goes for the new year but am still mulling some ideas around. Your grandkids are going to love the gifts!!! Merry Christmas!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

All your quilt projects look awesome. Cheers to completing your goals. I wrote a list for December and proceeded to work on my unwritten list of things that needed to get done pronto. lol. That's okay, I have January to work on my December goals. Merry Christmas to you. :-)