Thursday, December 27, 2018

I like....

I like the calm and quiet days between
Christmas and New Years

I like when we get a break from the
usual schedule and get to sleep in
and eat when we want and do
what we want when we want too.

(Antelope Island-west of our Home)


I like the anticipation of a new year

I have goals and projects going
on all year long, but there is something
about the beginning of the year and the 
that everything is new. 



It makes me want set some new goals.....



I like positive changes in relationships

I have had an ongoing, somewhat
difficult relationship within my bio family.
(I am an adopted person). The last few
weeks, my interaction with this person
has turned the corner towards a much
more positive path. After 20 years, it's
a much nicer road to be traveling.....



I like cleaning out

Every Christmas break, we try to clean
out from our house or work. This year, it
was books. 



We have books everywhere. I have books
from when I was a kid. We have books
that were passed down from our parents
or Grandparents. We have books that
were gifts.

Now, hopefully these books will find a
good home.

I love reading other "I like" posts at





6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like this time of year, too! It's quiet and calm, a good time for reading under a quilt. I also feel the need to clean something out - I think it's going to be my kitchen cabinets! Good for you for passing those books on. Happy Thursday!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Weeding out books is something we're doing, too. Oh, my gosh so many books. I think we could line all the walls in this house with bookcases and still have books in boxes. That idea actually pleases. If only we could. Good cheer to you. :-)

Michele McLaughlin said...

Great post! I'm so relieved after Christmas is over and I love cleaning out!! Best wishes and Happy New Year!

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

January is my "get organized" month. I need it based on the look of my house today. hee hee.
Happy New Year
mary

PaintedThread said...

I like that calm between holidays, too. This year it hasn't worked out so well, but I think I'm hitting the calm spot today. yay. I hope to be doing some fixing and resetting, too. May you continue to have a positive start to the new year!

Barb said...

You are right, there is a calm. I haven't really thought about plans for the New Year, sometimes I am good to keep my head above water.

Happy New Year to you...