Wednesday, November 7, 2018

I like #26

I did not realize it has been
6 months since I joined the
"I like" post group at Leeanna's
It is a happy, positive group
of bloggers across the World.

This week, I Like....

Viewing-Visiting-Experiencing
different forms of Art:

This week, I discovered 


More specifically, their current
show in Tokyo, Borderless


It is a light-digital-computerized
show you walk through and it is
interactive with the viewer.
The Lanterns (shown above)
change color when you hold still, 
but then the color spreads
to others in the room.

There is also digital birds flying from
room to room in the Gallery. 
You can color a animal picture (on paper)
and they scan it...then it comes to
life on the floor or walls around you.


Next is Marie Saudin, also known as

Her work in paper origami is amazing!


Wouldn't it be nice to pass by this beautiful
art on your way to run errands?


The third artist is Karen Anderson of

As an artist, she began to make little doors,
just 7 inches tall, and secretly install
them as art projects in public places
around the city of Atlanta, Georgia

(photo from Google)

I think it would be a fun adventure to travel
around the city and find all the little Doors.


Lastly, is the street artist Alexandre Farto
aka Vhils


He use to tag-paint on buildings with
spray paint, but now, he creates his
images by using a jackhammer and
chisel to chip away the concrete on buildings.


A beautiful way to bring a flat, boring
concrete wall to life!


I am always on the hunt for new forms of Art,
so if you have someone you really like,
no matter their use of materials, please
leave a little info about them in the comments!








8 comments:

LA Paylor said...

Oh I hope you share all links to art like this with me if anyone sends it in. This was simply astounding. I loved that. I do find little painted rocks all over. Never a little doorway... how special! Thank you for contributing to the circle of us trying to keep track of the good things! I loved your post! LeeAnna

Shannon said...

Wow!!! What wonderful artists!! All ones with super cool things I haven't seen. I love discovering non-fiber artists doing nifty stuff. Paper art is especially cool. Two of my favorites are Jennifer McCurdy (she's a ceramicist) and Ingrid Siliakus (who makes amazing papercut sculptures). Glad to have you back on the I Likes!

PaintedThread said...

I've seen the little door stuff (although not in person - I'd love that!). The light installations and origami are amazing! Thanks for sharing - that was fun. :-)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I enjoyed seeing the different kinds of art you shared! Wouldn't it be fun to come across one of those tiny doors somewhere?!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Thanks for sharing all the art. It is so neat seeing different things.

Jean said...

Such interesting art! I would also like to go find all those little doors, seems like so much fun. Hope your weekend is off to a wonderful start!

Michele McLaughlin said...

What a great post! Those pieces are so interesting! Love those little doors! Have a great day and thanks for the inspiration!

Angie said...

Suzanne - all of this takes my breath away, and makes me realize that I am leading a sheltered life in Montana, from an art perspective anyway! So impressed with how folks are using technology to change the way we experience art. Love it. (So, no, I won't have any new art to share with you anytime soon …) Thanks for your recent visit to my blog!