Sunday, February 11, 2018

So close...almost finished

I am down to hand sewing the
last two sides of my
Trip Around the World quilt top.

                

(Sorry for the blurry photo)

When the top is finished, I need to
decide how to hand quilt it.
Any suggestions?

After cutting more squares, it will
be my Slow Sunday Stitching project

I am also a knitter and began my 
Ravellenics project for the 
Olympics project at Ravelry

I am doing a shawl pattern called
Multnomah by Kate Ray.


It uses sock yarn, which I already
had in my yarn stash. It is
knitting up quickly, though
I have not reached the lace
pattern on the edge yet.
I always slow down when it
comes to lace knitting.

What are you creating today?


3 comments:

Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

You'll like that shawl. I did it a few years ago. I made the lace part deeper - basically did the lace until I'd just about run out of yarn. And ended up tinking back one repeat to avoid loosing at bind-off yarn chicken.

Good luck with yours. I'm not doing the Rav Games this year. I strained my wrist with Christmas deadline knitting and don't want to risk making it a permanent issue.

Deb A said...

Sew exciting to have just 2 sides left! Love the red on the edge. I'll be checking to see how you quilt yours! Mine is waiting for the current trip to get quilted.....

Connie said...

Hand sewing such a huge quilt is amazing! It is beautiful.