Sunday, December 31, 2017

Last post for 2017

2017 is coming to an end
in just a few hours.
It's been a year of Good,
Bad and downright Ugly.

2018...what does it hold for me?

I hope more time with the family,
more time to create and 
more time to learn.

This is my final quilt for 2017.
It's my first (and only) jellyroll
quilt. It was made for my
son-in-law's birthday.


The front is cotton...the back
and binding is flannel. It will be
warm, but using flannel binding
 was a bugger. I will
not do that again.

In 2018, I plan to do a 
different Service-Charity-Comfort
project each month. For
January, I am starting off
with knitting hats for local
hospitals for the February

I have also joined in the 
Dresden House block SAL


I am ready for a challenge to
get me out of my comfort zone.

For today's 
I am going to put some more
stitches in my Christmas 
Nativity (that I did not finish)


What plans do you have for 2018?

6 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Your Christmas nativity can be finished for next year! I love the Dresden houses. Happy New Year!

scraphappy said...

The House Dresden is a really fun looking project. Best of luck with the hats. Hope it leads to a year of great service projects

Sarah said...

Great projects. I agree with the other comments the Dresden houses look a lot of fun. Happy New Year.

Dar said...

You have some good goals for 2018. Your Dresden houses project looks really cute. I too use flannel for a lot of backings, but learned long ago not too ideal for binding. It will be used for warmth and the recipient won't know the difference.:) Happy New Year to you.

the girlfriend gap said...

Hello I am visiting you from Kathy's site slow stitching Sunday, I want to encourage you to keep stitching on your nativity.... I finally finished my Nativity sampler of the same designer this year at Easter time...... Started it soooo long ago. My girls think the colors are outdated but I still love it. And am so glad it is no longer lingering in the unfinished pile. Now the goal this year is to get it framed. Where do the days go? I was hoping to have it framed for Christmas this year but it didn't happen. So many projects not enough time. Happy new year to you. Janita

Lori said...

Great goals, I'll be following to see what you like.