Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Vintage Finish

I finished my monthly UFO for the UFO project over at

I purchased a box of fabric at the yard sale
about 10 years ago for $10.

The original owner/quilters had sewn
the Dresden Plates together, plus
appliqued two of them to the muslin blocks.
I finished the applique of the other
14 blocks plus had the top quilted.

The photo above is of the back
and no, the pink isn't really that dark
(bad phone camera photo)

I think I will be keeping this quilt for myself!

9 comments:

Lori said...

Yes its a keeper quilt. Don't you wonder about who made them and their lives?

Kris said...

Yep! I would keep that one too. It's so pretty, and a great find!

Kalyan said...

Simply beautiful...lovely!

Carol said...

What a great find -- I love dresden plates but have yet to do one. Your finished quilt is beautiful!

JudyCinNC said...

Love the dresden plate blocks - this is a beauty. Judy C

Heather said...

That is just beautiful. Love the colors! Congrats on your lovely finish! :o)

Katie said...

Very pretty! And good for you finishing up what someone else started. Does that count for two UFOs finished?

Quilter Kathy said...

Congrats on the finish...love that black and white stripe fabric in some of the blocks!

Donna~~ said...

Very nice--what an incredible $10 purchase! Congrats on a lovely finish~!