Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sashiko Quilting & African American Quilts

I attended the Utah Quilt Fest in Provo, Utah this week.
I took 3 technique classes.

One of the classes was Sashiko Quilting.

Since I am at home sick with a cold,
I got my block finished.

The design is created by using a running stitch
in white thread on Indigo (blue) fabric.

I enjoyed the class and it was fun to learn,
tho I don't think this is a quilting technique
I will continue to use alot.

I also viewed a exhibit at the BYU
(Brigham Young University) Museum of Art
of African American Quilts made 1945-2005.

The main quilter, Yvonne Wells...
her quilts were absolutely amazing!
At one time she was making 20 quilt tops per week!
Her quilts are created with a religious theme.

The quilt exhibit is at the MOA thru mid November.
If you are in Provo...don't miss it!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I so want to learn this, you are so lucky but sorry about the flu!!