Sunday, September 4, 2011

FESA: Fall Essentials Sew-Along


I think I have my final project list
written out for my Fall clothing sewing for me.
There are 7 categories,
tho I will not being creating
a piece of clothing in every one.

My sewing plan includes:

Chic Chemises for Cool Climates


Blouses, tops, vests, cardigans, and sweaters! These wardrobe essentials can carry you from day to night, not to mention provide necessary layering to keep out the chill.


Views A & B


Butterick B5365-view B


Underneath It All


When you're spending months covered from the neck down, a glamorous underpinning of your choice adds a secret, luxurious touch that chases the cold away!

I will be making a slip from a cut up version of one of my Mom's old 1950's slips.


Those Cozy Nights


Is there anything better than snuggling up in a cozy pair of pajamas with a hot drink and a book whilst Jack Frost works his magic outside? I think not! Sleepwear of all types are the way to go here!


I haven't decided which view I will do. I would like a more traditional nightgown, but haven't found a pattern I like yet.

Baby It's Cold Outside

Coats, hats, and mittens donned to keep the cold at bay, especially when out enjoying the spectacular fall colours!


First, I will be crocheting a hat to go along with this scarf  I just finished.
The yarn is by Fiberart and is a red/gray mix.


My choice for a casual jacket is:



Simplicity 2899...view on the left

My other two jacket patterns are:


Burda 8627 in the long sleeve version and

the coat with long sleeve view.

I am searching thru my fabrics now...

This is going to be fun!!!!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love how you organized your plan. Cannot wait to see your fabric choices. I did the reverse, ran through my stash...found fabric that said fall and now need to figure out the actual garments...or maybe i don't...I can try to keep it loose.

Looking forward to sewing with you:)

www.sewingcafewithlynne.blogspot.com

Judy D in WA said...

You have a fabulous collection here! I have snagged some of the pattern numbers...wondering how they will work with my body. Will be checking them out soon.....
And the scarf, is there a pattern for that? I am about finished with a hat that is screaming for a matching scarf!