Sunday, April 25, 2010

I want to be Nancy Didonato..

I really like her work! She looks at the textile World just a little different,
and I like the resulting quilts she creates!
This is a photo from the Quilters Newsletter Magazine
(Feb/Mar 2010-page 90)
of her quilt creation called C-L-I-C-K II.
Isn't it fantastic!!! The quilt blocks were made in circular form
then connected with plastic clasps.
The quilt can be taken apart and rearranged
and new circles can be added on.


I was so inspired that I am going to try this same idea.
I want to do a quilt with the clasps
based on music and songs that mean something to me.
I purchased a bunch of the clasps this weekend.

I would also like to figure out some way to tape each song
so that when someone is looking at the quilt,
they can hear the song too.
Still trying to figure that one out tho.

Two songs I know I want to do is "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield
and "When you believe " from the movie "Prince of Egypt"

Do you have a song you especially like?
Share the song title and artist in the comment section.




1 comment:

Kris said...

Fantastic ideas! I love the music idea too. Very "installation art". I look forward to seeing it!!!