Sunday, November 30, 2008

Stash Busting Pledge 2009

I am joining Judy's stash busting pledge for 2009.

I pledge to use up 109 yards of fabric from my stash during the year of 2009.

Update: I came by this number in a very scientific way....in my brain, 109 rhymes with 2009...I know, I am weird! I don't do more than one or two king or queen size quilts a year-mostly journal or wallhanging size quilts. I am mostly working on using up what I already have and not buying anything unless it is for a specific project for 2009. Wish me luck!

109 in 2009!!!!!!

Suzanne of Minou's Minute blog!

7 comments:

Ann J said...

Wow! I wish I owned 100 yards of fabric! How lucky you all are in the USA to have access to all those LQSs!!!......Luv AJ

Lorraine said...

I would join....but would probably fail miserably! I have made an "agreement" with myself that I will make up scrap quilts to use up some of my stash tho...so it is sort of the same thing.....wish me luck!

Granny said...

Explain how you came up with 109 yards please. I'm sure there's a very good reason for the odd amount. I'm so glad you're joining us!

Kris said...

Stash busting! I'm trying to build mine up, not bust it! I'm sure I have more fabric than I realise, but nowhere near enough to bust 109 yards! I am planning to use up my scraps more dilligently next year though!

MarkS said...

How many quilts will it take to employ 109 yards of material?

Suzanne said...

More than I think I have sitting in the UFO (UnFinished Objects)pile, Mark! A yard is 3 feet...so 327 feet of material. Maybe I should start now, and not wait for 2009!

picklesticks said...

Hey. You said to email you, but I can't find your address anywhere. I have listed a pattern in Etsy if you are interested. Hopefully that will be easy for you.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=18096255