Thursday, July 24, 2008

Needed a change.....

.........so I changed my blog site look. Like it?

I went to my last planning meeting for my Syracuse Quilt chapter for 2008. Our plans:

August:Stack and Whack pumpkin block

September:Halloween redwork quilt blocks

October:Quick and easy Christmas gifts-needle case & paper pieced blocks

November:Trunk Show

December:Holiday Luncheon and gift exchange

It has been nice to be on the planning committee for this group. We have women anywhere from beginners to the expert level, so it has been a challenge to keep everyone involved and happy.
I also found out how to cut my 100 9-patch blocks....you cut each block in half top to bottom and side to side, so you end up with four equal sized squares. You sort through and re-sew the blocks together so you have a very scrappy look. I'll post photos in a couple weeks when I can get to it.

I have the 4th row of the Row quilt finished...paper pieced crazy log cabins. I am know working on the 5th row-half fan blocks. The 6th row is a pieced grandmothers flower, which I do not like, so I am going to substitute a row of basket blocks. The final row is a appliqued daisy flower. This has been fun to do, because I do not piece traditional blocks to often anymore.

In Closing:When you need a change in your life, what do you do for a quick pick-me-up? Hair dye, chocolate, shopping, new project? Share, please.......

1 comment:

Kris said...

I like your change! I needed a change recently, but the blog change didn't do it for me. I'm over the hair dying thing too. (Hey! I'm officially a grandmother now. I'm SUPPOSED to have grey hair.) I'm thinking moving might do it for me. I haven't moved for 8 years. That's a record. So it looks like it's time for a move.