Thursday, January 10, 2019

I like 2019-#2

I like....

I like the power of Sisterhood

I have three important groups of women
in my life. 

First, the ladies at my Church.



Second, the ladies of my Quilt Guild



And third, the ladies of my knit group.



Each group came together because of their
shared love of God, fabric or Fiber.
They have become a supportive part
of my life. We have gone through life's 
happy and sad experiences together. I
love these ladies!

Currently, I have some health challenges
in my life for myself and other family 
members. I have been feeling kind of
discouraged, but then I decided to be
positive....it can always be worse...right!
I love our group post every Thursday
of "I like" lists. It's nice to read the positive
when you don't always feel it.

What to read more...go to Not Afraid of Color




10 comments:

Roseanne said...

Hi Suzanne! I know it is difficult to keep positive some days. But it could always be worse. Way worse. I am so happy and thankful to hear that you have people in your life that care about and help you. We both know people who have no one, and that breaks my heart. {{Hugs}} I'm glad you are a part of our thankful Thursdays too. I choose to think the Lord led you to LeeAnna's website so you could join in. Happy Thursday to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I have some women in my life just like you described - they definitely are a huge blessing, so I know just what you're talking about! Sending you positive thoughts for good health, too. Those challenges make it hard to stay positive, I know.

Michele McLaughlin said...

Feel better soon! Keeping you in my prayers! Hugs!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Good for you for thinking positively. I'm continually working at feeling positive. I also allow myself to sulk for a bit when I'm feeling distraught or in pain. Nothing wrong with that, I tell myself, as long as I don't wallow in it too long.

PaintedThread said...

How nice to have such groups of people. Groups like that can make life a bit easier. Sorry about the health issues - I hope they clear up soon.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Good job staying positive. Oh I know there are times when it is so very difficult. The hardest thing during those times is to trust in the Lord. I will keep you in my prayers.

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

I hope you are feeling better but it's wonderful to have people you can turn to in your need. Have a great day. mary

Shannon said...

My church knitting group is one of my lifelines! They've become my best friends! I'm so glad you have those communities to hang onto.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Hellooo. Hope your day is going well. :-)

LA Paylor said...

It can always be worse, but it is still hard. It's something I've always wanted, to belong. You belong to three groups of supportive women, creating a safe place. That's the saving grace of going through adversity... I'm always willing to listen, like my friends have listened to me going through things... a burden shared is halved. Love, LeeAnna