Thursday, October 4, 2018

I like....

I like Vintage clothing


(this was my blog header photo for years)

I like when it was fashionable to dress
up, even for everyday activities. I was
watching some movie with my daughter
and we both commented how nice 
women looked back in the day, even
when grocery shopping.


I like making something new
out of something old 


I have received quite a bit of fabric
and old clothing from friends in the
last few weeks...everyone is cleaning out.


I want to get back to sewing clothing
or other items from old clothing and fabric.
I use to do it all the time when my kids
were younger (stretch that budget!)


I like baking in the Fall

There is something about the cooler 
weather and wanting to bake. I always 
bake bread each week, no matter
what the weather is like.


This week, my Husband has made lemon
cupcakes...weekend forecast is for lots 
of rain and maybe a carrot cake.


I like pumpkins

I am not a big home decorator when
it comes to Halloween, but I do
like to have a couple of pumpkins
on the porch or kitchen table.

(granddaughter at local farm)

My Husband always grows a few
pumpkins in the garden each Summer,
so we have them for the 
grandchildren and for decorating.

  
I like going to the Movies

I grew up with a Grandfather who
was a movie projectornist, so we
were always going to the movies.


I like going to see a show with my Husband.
There is something about watching a movie
on the Big screen that just can't be beat.


I like being kind

I have been feeling like there is change in the
air-attitude-community lately.
I have been making a conscience effort to
be nice to others. Smiling at stranger...
giving out more compliments...
assuming the good in others...



For more "I like" posts, head over to





7 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Suzanne! Oh, I love your kind picture. And the movies - isn't it cool how now they have recliner seats? Our are heated as well - I can't wait for winter to really enjoy that. Your granddaughter looks so cute sitting on the hay bale surrounded by pumpkins. Happy Thursday to you! ~smile~ Roseanne

LA Paylor said...

AHHHHH yes. to all
maybe not baking... the forecast here is lazy cooking and cooler temps. But I love to eat baked goods in the fall (anytime) Your grand is like model pretty! LOVE vintage clothes. I miss my Tampa buddy who used to shop at vintage fairs with me. I had trouble squeezing into the old waistlines but wore many a vintage outfit. Heck I'm vintage now. Remember putting on little white gloves as a girl, for church? We took care to look groomed, remember dressing up for airplane rides? carefully putting on stockings? My adoptive father always wore hats to work, and always had shiny shoes.

I hoped Madmen would bring back those fashions.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love seeing how the women are dressed in the older movies and TV shows! My husband loves to watch Perry Mason, and I love the women's hats, and that they are always wearing gloves. Great idea to try some ways to repurpose vintage clothing!

PaintedThread said...

I like your likes! Vintage clothing - there's so much of it that's so beautiful. And I'm big into reusing old fabric and repairing rather than replacing stuff.

Bread. Pumpkins. Some of the stuff I love about fall. :-)

Shannon said...

What a lovely list of likes! I love seeing vintage clothing- some of my favorite instagrammers are vintage clothing and historical clothing people. I don't have much luck finding things in my size, but I love the styles. And your granddaughter in the pumpkins is so cute! My mom grows pumpkins on alternate years in her garden, it takes that long to use them up! this was an off year, so I don't have any to put out, but I have plenty still in the freezer from last year so will probably make some pumpkin bread tomorrow to take to our church breakfast this weekend!

Angie said...

Suzanne - I'm with you about dressing up when you go out - or at least making some effort. Lately I have seen some folks wearing one-sies (like pajamas). Is this now a thing? I tried to think positive - going to a slumber party and needed to stop at Walmart for a hostess gift? I had to read your one paragraph a couple of times, because I thought you were forecasting carrot cake for the weather - I want to live where you are!

Liz said...

I know - what is it about cool weather and baking? I have had fresh bread and pound cake on my mind for days now...