Sunday, August 19, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching

I stopped by a yard sale yesterday.
An older lady had moved into a 
Rest Home and her family was
cleaning out her house.

She was a knitter...

and a quilter....

and did embroidery.

I came home with a white table cloth


to cross stitch.


I came home with a gold table cloth


to cross stitch.


Finally, I came home with
packets of practice cloth


The embroidery squares were used to 
teach guests at Stitchery parties
back in the 1980's.

I have about 140 little flower squares.
I am thinking about using them for
teaching others to stitch
or to make a themed art quilt.

Today, for my
Slow Sunday Stitching, I think
I will finish out one of my
UFO stitchery projects.

There are quite a few to choose from....

A side note...
Schools are starting this month for
most families across the U.S.A.
Please be aware, whether you have a
student or not, to be careful when
driving in school areas. My Husband
is a teacher (and coach) but also does
the Crossing Guard for his school 
each morning. Do not multi task when
driving in school areas. Get off the phone,
do not eat, or have a pet in your arms.
It's not worth it.....EVER!



For more Slow Sunday Stitching
posts, go over to



3 comments:

Deb said...

Love those yard sale finds you picked up. Those little flower squares are neat.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

You did well at your yard sale. I have never heard of a stitchery party but I was very busy raising kids in the 80s What a neat find!

Miaismine said...

I so love your purchases....they will certainly come out beautiful! You know, in another lifetime, I was a Creative Circle representative! How I enjoyed the stitching parties. I guess I'm a slow stitcher at heart. :)

You words of warning about driving near schools is VITAL! In a town close by, El Paso, TX, a mother was hit by a car and killed in the school zone! Please, everyone, be safe!