Sunday, August 27, 2017

School has started, but it is still so hot!

The new school year is in full swing,
but the weather thinks it is still
Summer...so hot...high 90's! 

We have a Women's-family Shelter
in our county called Safe Harbor.
Each year, in November, they have
a craft sale, a Christmas Tree auction
and a yummy Dinner to raise a 
large portion of their operation costs
for the upcoming year.

This year, my donations are children's hats.


I learned how to knit I-cord for this
 pattern. They knit up quickly
and I am using all those little yarn
balls left over from other projects.

I received first place ribbons on the
two quilts I entered into my county fair.

This first quilt is from a pattern called
"Be My Neighbor". I made it from
some very bright fabrics that were 
a gift. I like how it turned out, but
the colors are not really my style, so
it is going to be gifted.


The second quilt is a Red and White sampler
I made, with my Husband's help, for our
35th wedding anniversary. He helped pick
out blocks that represented our life 
together. There is a block for our 4 kids,
our 8 grandkids and places we have 
lived. I love Red! 

Today, for Slow Stitch Sunday, I am
going to cut and continue hand sewing
a set of Nativity pieces for gifting
this upcoming Holiday Season.

What are you creating?





3 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Congrats on the ribbons at the fair! I love the red and white anniversary quilt. Do you have a post where you explain the significance of all the blocks?

Quiltblocksandmore said...

Beautiful quilts!

CathieJ said...

Congratulations on the ribbons. How wonderful that your red quilt is a collaboration with your husband. Isn't wonderful when you can use up stray yarn for a cause. I used to knit lots of hats and donate them to Coats for Kids each year.