Sunday, September 7, 2014

Slow Sunday stitching

This is my first time posting as
part of the Slow Sunday stitch group.
 
Sunday is my day of rest,
so slow stitching fits the day!
 
I am part of a group project
on Facebook who are creating a
Trip Around the World quilt
completely stitched by hand.
 
 
 
I started the project back in early Summer
while I was recovering from surgery.
 
Technically, I am behind...I
am suppose to be finishing out
at about Row 30, but am at Row 20.
 
 
 
The fabric I am currently using is a
gift fabric from another member of
the project.
 
We are also all using a red dot fabric
throughout the quilt.

6 comments:

Lisa J. said...

Welcome. I am impressed that you are piecing the trip around the world by hand! The first quilt that came into my life was hand pieced by my husbands grandmother. It's very precious.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Isn't it fun to sit and stitch! It really isn't so much about getting done as it is stitching! You will discover once you are addicted to stitching things will get done. Hope you continue to join us I would love to see how your trip around the world progresses!

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

Looks like a fun project. I have never tried hand piecing...I don't have a lot of patience. Visiting from Slow Sunday Stitching.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Welcome to Slow Sunday Stitching! I have never hand pieced a quilt before--your quilt is looking good. Don't worry about what row you are on...just keep at it and it will get done eventually!

The Cozy Quilter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CathieJ said...

Welcome to Slow Sunday Stitching. I am quite impressed that you are stitching such a large quilt by hand. It is very pretty.