Tuesday, November 30, 2010

2011 make and create goals

I think I have my 2011 goals for making and creating all listed.

Of course, this list could change...
it usually does...

ART


Besides trying a new technique each month,
I plan to make a few bird ornaments for our 2011 Christmas Tree decorations
The photo isn't the exact ornament but pretty close.
Each bird will have a  year printed on the bottom
to represent one year of our marriage.

CLOTHING


I love vintage clothing!
My Mom use to make the majority of my clothing
(she worked for a clothes designer in the LA clothing market)
I use to make all my girls clothing when they were younger.
I have fallen into the "jeans and t-shirt Mom" look for too long now.
I want to also remake used clothing.



I am still learning and am VERY slow at knitting.
I am making a sampler stitch afghan.
I purchased multiple skeins of a green yarn and
have been doing one entire skein in one stitch.
I'm almost done with my second skein.
This may take an entire year....


QUILTING

I have set my fabric stash busting goal for 2011 at 100 yards.
Same goal I have had for 2 years now.

I want to find a group goal to take part in....
My local guild is doing a block project January-July....maybe...

I will be using some new techniques
to make a 5" block each week.
At the end of the year I will have a quilt
representing 2011.
So, those are my goals...
at least, this week...
they always change slightly...

What are your goals for 2011?


2 comments:

Lizzie said...

You know, I really haven't thought about this much. But I am quiting a long-running, time-sucking venture, and I'm hoping I'll have more time for sewing. What I really need to do is finish a few projects!

Unknown said...

New year is all about having a new life ahead of us. We may have a new haircut, new clothes, new figure, new hairstyle, new point of view in life and everything. I am glad that you have a lot to look forward to this upcoming year.

Like you, my wife also loves quilting and she also loves different colors and styles of textiles. She's even researching about textiles also and found out that there are FT NIR analyzers that is used to know what kind of fibers are used in a textile. It is very indeed that NIR technology nowadays are getting more innovated and will give us more information on the textiles that we used.