Friday, April 17, 2009

New purse for me...car show for him

I'm trying to catch up on some of the photos I've taken in the last while.

For my Quilt Chapter meeting this month, K taught us to make a couple different totes. I made this one from a Quilt Soup pattern. I used fabric I bought on clearance last December, along with some red flannel for the "batting". It was extremely quick to do...maybe a hour start to finish. I have a couple more cut out to do for gifts.
My Hubby helps judge High School car shows, but he and I hadn't been to a large commercial show together in about 20 years. We went to the car show at South Towne Center (Sandy, Utah) a couple of weeks ago. It was a combo car & motorcycle show.
They had the cars from the Knight Rider TV show...I think we watched the show back in the 1980's, but apparently it is back on TV again. The car talked to you as you walked by.

I had to take this photo for Hubby. He has a 1957 two door BelAir he has been redoing over about 25 years now. We have moved it from house to house behind our moving van since the 1980's. He's down to all the finishing touches...which translates into the expensive paint job and inside pretty work. There were lots of 1955-1957 Chevy's too look and oohhh over.


Lastly, they had about 1/4 of the area in motorcycle displays. I am not a motorcycle kind of girl, but I sure enjoyed looking at the beautiful paint jobs...I love when they are very detailed.



I'm getting the house ready today so I can sew tomorrow as part of Judy's (patchworkplace.com) weekend quiltathon. Need to do some more cleaning and laundry. Have a great weekend all!

2 comments:

Barb said...

I love the tote and beautiful cars...thanks for showing them.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Pretty cars!! Your husband sounds like mine. His '55 Chevy 2-dr station wagon has been finished now for about two years, but it was a 20+ yr. project.