Sunday, March 18, 2018

Little bits and pieces to finish

will be finishing out a list of
quick handwork I have put off
for way too long.

First up, sewing down the 
hanging sleeve on my
February UFO Butterfly Hanging

I messed up the quilting
on the back,
which required me to pull out
the quilting, re-quilting an area
from the back and now
re-attaching the hanging sleeve.

Next...binding off my current
knitting project,
Lake Edge Scarf


I started it for a Christmas gift,
but it turned into a knit a little here,
knit a little there project. After
binding off, I will block it.

Lastly, the ongoing embroidery
quilt blocks. 


I want to finish the cross-stitch
borders around each of the 12
blocks (9 done with 3 to go)
then move onto the leaf borders.

I also want to post a photo of my
new hair cut. No before photo...

I had long grey hair, so
I cut off about 8 inches and
went short and dyed brown.
It is going to be nice for the
warmer weather months, if
the weather ever gets warm.

What are you Slow Stitching today?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I love those butterfly blocks! Your hair looks nice and a good colour too. Enjoy!

Miaismine said...

Wow! So many cool topics to comment about! I love your new haircut and color! Those curls are so pretty! Your butterflies look so pretty - I wonder if you used an Accuquilt die? My daughter is working on a butterfly quilt as well. Must be the season! I just had to enlarge your knit scarf - pretty pattern and yarn! Your embroidered dragonfly will be precious! So many beautiful projects! Congratulations!

Kate said...

A very nice and varied list of projects. Hope you made lots of progress last week.