Sunday, February 19, 2017

Long weekend for sewing

Presidents Day weekend is always
a long weekend of sewing for me.

The next break-vacation time will
be in the Spring, which means
working in the yard and garden.

Today, for my
I will be attaching the two
flowers and adding
embroidery green stems to
my Be My Neighbor quilt top.


I will also be removing the outside
white border....too much white! I think
a border with bright colors will
work much better.



Sorry for the poor photo...My studio
is under construction, so I could
not use my design wall.

If I have time, I may use the
left over fabric for a service
quilt for our local Police Department.

What are you working on?


3 comments:

Sarah said...

I like your houses quilt. Its difficult to see what you mean about the white border in the photo. But from what I can see it looks amazing!

Robin said...

Your quilt makes me feel happy. I think it looks fine with the white border. The only reason I'd change a thing is that white shows the dirt and the edge is what will be handled the most.

Jill said...

It's good you can make up quilting time after babysitting. Congrats on the new addition to your family. A blessing. Looking forward to seeing what border you choose for the houses quilt.