Sunday, March 28, 2010

Christmas in July project

My Syracuse (Utah) Quilt Chapters summer Quilt competition is titled
"Christmas in July"
Each quilter is to make a Christmas related quilt-wallhanging-table runner.
When I retired as Chapter President last December, all the ladies got together
and gave me a huge gift bag of red fabric fat quarters!
I love the color red!!!
I pulled out this pinwheel pattern with template that I also got last Christmas
My background fabric is a cream small leaf print.
I have also purchased a tan/brownish circle print, as well as a med-dark green leaf print.
As you can tell, I am not a traditional Christmas person, since I will be using all shades of red.
Looking forward to seeing how this all comes together!

1 comment:

Hampers said...

I love seeing how illustrators use their own set! And I love seeing such out of the ordinary ideas! Love this