Friday, May 22, 2009

Just can't seem to finish this quilt

I switched the photos...sorry....
I am working on a quilt for my Quilt chapters June show & luncheon. The theme is "Summertime" and the sides of the quilt can't be smaller than 12 inches or larger than 40 inches. I originally made this as a technique piece to try some new stuff out...
I pieced the blocks out of solid colored cotton, then quilted however I felt like with variegated thread. I put the binding on and threw it back in the pile for the last few months. Decided to use it for the June show. I've added things that mean Summertime to me. I have flowers in the lower left corner. I have a sunshine & kites in the upper right corner. I added sparklers for Fourth of July to the middle, but they didn't come out too well in the photo.

(This is what the original looked like before I bleached dyed it...wish I hadn't dyed it)
I am stuck on this project. If it wasn't due by the second week in June, I'd throw it back in the pile again.....argh!

No comments: