Sunday, January 8, 2017

Snow...snow...snow!

A few feet of snow over the last couple of weeks
means staying inside for me.

I wish I could say I was sewing constantly, but
no, it hasn't been happening, I am struggling from
some seasonal depression,

Also my basement studio had an
window broken from the outside,
which made for a very cold sewing room.
My Husband has covered the window with insulation
foam and tape, and it is warmer, but not so much.

I have been staying upstairs hand stitching or knitting.

Today, I will be Slow Sunday Stitching on my
Trip Around the World quilt. I am working on
row 41, which is 144 squares (2 inches each). I
have about 40 squares to finish.



I am also beginning to keep track of my

Fabric used this week: 1.5 yards

It is a small start, but at least it is a start.

What are you working on?

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow that's a lot of snow! Hope you get rid of the winter blues soon and get your window fixed so you can get back to your sewing!

Robin said...

Sorry about the depression. January can do that to me with all the chill in the house and the grey skies. It always helps me to jump into the middle of a project and just give in to it. Maybe some hand piecing will be fun.

Lyndsey said...

Stay safe in the snow and try to stay positive. Hand stitching helps to keep me positive as it needs more of my attention than using the machine. I hope it works for you.

Deb A said...

January is a tough month in this hemisphere. Hope the sun comes out to brighten your day. I think you have inspired me to pull out my trip with 2 inch squares for some hand work tonight. I am not as far as you.... but some hot pink should add some nice color to mine. Hugs and hope you get a warm spell soon.