Sunday, March 22, 2015

Oh my goodness!

I set the goal to post a couple times a month,
but I haven't done very well, have I?
 
On the stash busting front, my numbers
have not changed at all. I have purchased
flannel for charity baby quilts, but
sewn them right up and sent them out.
 
I am still at 12.5 yards busted!
 
For my slow sewing, I am working
on hand  piecing the Trip Around
the World quilt I started with a
Facebook group. I am at row 32,
which is about 2300 two inch squares.
 
 
 
I am going to continue and make a
King size quilt. Right now, it is almost
a Queen size.
 
I celebrated a birthday recently and
set the goal to
sew a little EVERY DAY until my
next birthday. So far...so good!
 
What are you creating today?

11 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

Happy Birthday. I think you have an awesome goal of stitching every day. Trip around the world is fabulous!!!

Quilter Kathy said...

Happy Birthday! What a fantastic goal... enjoy!

Christine Feldstein said...

Happy Birthday and happy hand stitching Suzanne!

MartiDIY said...

Happy Birthday! You are doing great. I think you have a great goal, and hand piecing an Around the World is impressive.

Deb A said...

Happy birthday and a great goal. Your TATW is looking great. I have a 2 inch one going when my other hand work is all worked through but I'm only on round 11 I think. I have a long way to go.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I think a little sewing every day is a great way to stay sane in this busy and demanding world! Your TATW quilt is huge! That is a lot of hand piecing!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Happy Birthday!

Quiltsmiles said...

Happy Birthdya and your gift to yourself sounds productive and doable.
You TATW being hand sewn is amazing. Thanks for sharing.

weddingdressblue said...

Someday I will make one of those Trip quilts. Yours is beautiful!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Great job on your TATW. I am on row seventeen so but surely it is getting larger. Each round taking a bit longer! I will probably stop at about 25 rows but we shall see. Yours is looking wonderful!

audrey said...

What a great quilt! Love this.:)