Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas Eve 2017


Merry Christmas, Blog World.
I hope you are having a happy and safe
Holiday, wherever you are celebrating.

I finished the binding on the two
quilts I am giving for Christmas.

First one...to my daughter


Years ago, she asked for a Fall themed
quilt. "No problem" I said....
Then I made one for my daughter-in-law,
who has a Fall time birthday.
Then I made one for another daughter.
Then I started this one for my daughter,
but it sat and sat....unfinished.

I think she will be surprised.....

Next up, my Husband....


The pattern is Town Square from

The original pattern had the background
done in white, but I did not have
enough white, so black was used instead.


I love a crazy pieced backing,
that also uses up scraps, so this
is the solid backing of his quilt.

I cleaned out my box of
solid cottons. I can even put the
lid back on the box!

For todays 
I will be finishing one last
quilt binding for a birthday
gift quilt. Pictures to follow
next time.....

As the New Year is quickly
approaching, I am ready to begin
some new chapter-adventure in Life.
I want to learn something new...
get out of my comfort zone....
maybe make a fool of myself...

What are you going to do in 2018?




3 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

I frequently make a fool of myself, so that won't be new :) LOL
Thanks for linking up and showing us your wonderful quilty gifts... great job!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Well done getting this quilts done in time for giving! Merry Christmas!

Chantal said...

Congratulations on these lovely finishes right in time for the giving. I'm sure your daughter is not expecting it anymore. Enjoy the holidays! ;^)